|“Before, my son had Medicaid, but I didn’t. Now with
HIPP, our whole family has health insurance.”
HIPP Current Member
HIPP will repay you each month. Here’s how it works:
- Your employer will take the premium amount out of your paycheck each month.
- You will send us a copy of your paycheck stub as proof you paid your premium. Learn more about what you can send as proof.
- We will send you a check for the premium amount.
Your employer might accept direct payment from us. Learn more.
If you have Medicaid, your Medicaid doctor will bill Medicaid for your deductible and co-pay.
If you have Medicaid, but don’t go to a Medicaid doctor, you must pay the deductible and co-pay.
If you don’t have Medicaid, you must pay the deductible and co-pay.
How long does it take HIPP to pay me back?
We mail checks within 5 work days after we get a copy of your paycheck stub. Checks are sent on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
What if my check never came?
Wait 2 weeks from when we mail your check. If you still do not have a check, call us at 1-800-440-0493. We will mail you a form to fill out and send back. We will send you a new check.
The following can be used as proof:
- A copy of your paycheck that shows money was taken out for health insurance.
- A copy of the front and back of a canceled check that shows you paid for insurance.
- A bank statement that shows money was taken out of your bank account for health insurance.
- A letter on company letterhead from the employer.
- A letter on company letterhead from the insurance company.
The following can not be used as proof:
- An insurance bill that doesn’t show money has been paid for health insurance.
- A copy of a money order.
- A copy of a personal check.
- A hand-written receipt.
Yes, if your employer or insurance company takes direct payments. Talk to them about this. Ask if they will accept a check from HIPP for the insurance premiums each month. If so, ask them to call HIPP to set it up.
When should I send my proof of payment?
It’s best to send the proof the same month you pay your premium. However, to get paid back, we must get your proof of payment no later than 3 months after the month you paid it.
Why and how to set up a direct deposit?
With direct deposit, HIPP will put your premium payment into any checking or savings account you choose.
- Your payment goes straight into your bank account.
- You can get your payment the same day we deposit it.
- Checks can get lost, stolen, or delayed.
To set up a direct deposit, you need to send us a filled out direct deposit form. You can get the form by either:
- Click here to download a direct deposit form.
- Calling 1-800-440-0493 (toll-free). Ask them to mail you a direct deposit form.